Investigators: Choong-Soo Lee and Ivan Ramler
This is an ongoing research project with Dr. Ivan Ramler at St. Lawrence University. The research involves capturing and analyzing online game data to discover and reveal different characteristics of competitive online games such as League of Legends and StarCraft II.
- Ivan Ramler, Choong-Soo Lee, and Sarah Strong. Investigating Match Performance Differences between Genders of League of Legends Champions. In Proceedings of the Foundations of Digital Games 2021, Montreal, Canada, August, 2021.
- Choong-Soo Lee and Ivan Ramler. A Data Science Approach to Exploring Hero Roles in Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Games, (Invited Chapter), in submission to Data Analytics Applications in Gaming and Entertainment, Günter Wallner (Ed.). CRC Press.
- Choong-Soo Lee and Ivan Ramler. Identifying and Evaluating Successful Non-meta Strategies in League of Legends. In Proceedings of the Foundations of Digital Games 2017, Hyannis, Massachusetts, USA, August, 2017. (Best paper award)
- Choong-Soo Lee and Ivan Ramler. Rise of the Bots: Bot Prevalence and Its Impact on Match Outcomes in League of Legends. In Proceedings of the 14th International Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games (NetGames), Zagreb, Croatia, December, 2015.
- Choong-Soo Lee and Ivan Ramler. Investigating the Impact of Game Features and Content on Champion Usage in League of Legends. In Proceedings of the Foundations of Digital Games 2015, Pacific Grove, California, USA, June, 2015.